Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Mission of Mercy

With a side of crispy feet.

I committed one yesterday, when I spotted this little guy/gal *ahem* hotfooting it across the tarmac and pavement. A mission of mercy that is.

It was 90+ F. here yesterday; close enough to 33 C. as to make no nevermind, as the saying goes, and this tortoise (a gopher tortoise I think) was racing across the road and drive, but not quite making it to the grass. I, being of the fools rush in breed, hurried over to help. Shoes? Forgot all about 'em, hence the crispy feet. Still, I'm sure his gratitude more than made up for my discomfort . . .



Doesn't that wee face just radiate good will, gratitude and stick a body part close enough and I'll bite it off for ya! (No, I didn't just take photographs, I nudged him gently into the grass whilst staying clear of the bitey end.)

Remember my pet cherry tomato plant? If you look closely at this photo, you'll see it has tripled in size. Little blooms are forming as well. This makes me happy. Obviously, it doesn't take a lot to make me happy.


The tomato plant is second to the right of the steps, it started out like this:


In other news, I definitely have a primary care doctor now, huzzah! And today, I'm putting in job applications. Wish me luck.

13 comments:

  1. Our hero!!! So glad you've got a doc. Wishing you lots of opportunities and wonderful people to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing but the best wishes! You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I burnt and blistered my bare feet once on a hot sidewalk, so I feel your pain. I was 18 and had just come fresh from The Sticks to The Big City. Didn't know how hot cement could get. Never made that mistake again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. -- Wishing you much good luck with job applications!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can sure hurt the feet indeed. I bet he was sorta thankful at least haha hopefully the job hunt goes grand at your land.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the job front. Lots and lots of good luck.
    I can remember moving a tortoise off a busy road, and being piddled on for my pains. Copiously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Plenty of karma earnt there. Good luck with the job hunting. It seems your tomato doesn't need luck and is doing well on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for primary care doctors. I hope your job applications are successful.
    Thank you for helping the tortoise, I'm sure he was grateful too.
    Your garden is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I burnt the bottom of my feet the other day going out to check the mail. I'm afraid the sun is not our friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beware! Where was the hare?

    All the best with your job application. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I hope you get a great job. Good for you to get the tortoise off the hot concrete. That must hurt! Your cherry tomato looks like its growing fast. I should get something planted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish you luck with the job application. Gotta love the turtle.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, be cranky and let 'er rip!