Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Going for Baroque


After nearly a month of non-functioning laptops for my mother and I, (hers stopped working and mine mostly died three days later-ala The Princess Bride, I thought it was completely dead) my laptop is up and running again! Yes, I can once again whine, pout and be silly in your general direction. Both my phone and Kindle were working but were quite recalcitrant regarding the blog... occasionally I would see a link on Facebook and be able to reach a blog from there, but that was it. Anyway, that's all over, thank goodness! I do have a few photos to share, along with a couple of lovely bits of good news.


The basil and rosemary are coming along, the rosemary is soon to be transplanted to a permanent spot. The tomatoes are thriving; the branches are nearly 4 foot high and are covered with baby cherry tomatoes!




We've already gotten a half-dozen fresh tomatoes and more are busily ripening; they have a lovely tanginess.




The various tropical storms have made sky-watching even more fascinating than usual, although there have been interesting sights on land as well; think I'll close the photo section with a lovely lobster bisque...



It was a sample of the restaurant's new recipe and was deliciously creamy with a surprising little 'kick', yum!

As for the good news: The kidling will be here soon to spend her birthday with us, it will be SO good to see her. (Oh, and she recently got a significant raise!)

Also, next Tuesday I go for an interview and facility tour with a potential employer. This is for a desk job, full-time, with a company which provides decent remuneration and benefits. Considering how long it's been since I worked, I couldn't ask for a better way to get back on the work force... I decided it was time to go for baroque, lol.

Last, but never least, I live a bit over an hour from Orlando, Florida now... please keep everyone who has been affected by the tragedy in your thoughts.




33 comments:

  1. Fresh home garden grown tomatoes, yum. We used to be able to buy lobster bisque in a can. I have never tried and can only imagine it is nothing like the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried lobster bisque in a can; can't imagine the tinniness would help it at all.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back.
    It is lovely to see you here, and even better to see you pop up with good news.
    Good luck with the job interview.
    And yes, Orlanda is in my crowded heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better a crowded heart than an empty one, my very caring friend.
      Thanks for your good wishes; may all the happiness and caring you share with (and wish for) others descend on you like a psychedelic love-snow.

      Delete
  3. Yay!!!! So happy you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! On many accounts. You deserve everything good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to the land of online. Hopefully the job interview goes grand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're doing ok. I hope you get the job. It will be nice to have your kidling home.

    When did you move to Florida? Have you been there for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great title for this post. I would tell you to break a leg re the interview, but you might take me seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray on the job interview, hope it goes well and the job is yours.
    I love your sky photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping my fingers crossed for you on next week's interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't that make typing a little difficult?

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous photos, Happy Birthday kindling and spending time with Mom and GrandMom is wonderful for all. Good luck on the interview my friend. They will love you just like all of us. HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you're back in business and I will be keeping all good thoughts for your new employer next Tuesday. I sure hope THEY meet with YOUR approval (because, of course, you'll meet with theirs).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back, Jacqueline! I hope the job works out. Sounds ideal. Enjoy your time with the kidling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best of luck with the interview. Excellent photos. :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the interview, Jacqueline, and enjoy the kidling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much jenny_o. Interview is done and fingers are crossed, and Jenn (the kidling) will be here tomorrow!

      Delete
  15. I wondered where you'd got to. I am glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't believe we almost missed this. Welcome back to blogging! Those veggies look amazing. My tomatoes are nowhere near ready, but I've got some dwarf grapes that I've got growing, and am hoping to use them to make some wine when they're ready for picking in about 2-3 months.

    Good luck with the job! We hope you get it. Office jobs are the sweetest kind - paid writing time.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, be cranky and let 'er rip!